MarineFly.com Internet Security Policy
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, MarineFly.com server system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
We may collect Personal Information you voluntarily provide to us or that is given to us by affiliated entities or third parties. We may request Personal Information from you, which is information that could be used to contact you or identify you personally in connection with your use of, or participation in, certain site functions such as purchasing products or services, membership registration, uploading video, uploading photos, access to sweepstakes or contests, games, surveys, content submissions, chats, blog comments, discussion groups, promotions, free products or services or additional information or resources we make available on these Sites. The types of information we may collect include:
- The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site
- The date and time you access our site
- The pages you visit
- If you linked to MarineFly.com website from another website, the address of that website.
- Contact information, such as your name, shipping and/or mailing address, phone number, email address;
- Credit or debit card account number, and may also include your purchase history;
- Information about your outdoor activity preferences and interests;
- Registration information such as valid email address, username or community name, gender, birthday;
- Information you provide when participating in contests, surveys, community discussions and comments, ratings and reviews, outdoor questions and answers, online forums, chats and blogs. Please note: Information posted in these areas becomes public information. Please use caution before disclosing any Personal Information in these public content areas
- Checking and reserving store inventory on our website
- Any returns or exchanges
- Inquires about our services
- Creating an account at Marinefly.com
- Signing up for Marinefly.com email update
- Entering a contest or sweepstakes
- Information referred to us through a marketing promotion
- Participation in a marketing survey, promotion or event
Yes, Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly.
- Remember what items are in your Shopping Bag
- Recognize you when you return to our website
- Enables faster checkout, if you have created an account at MarineFly.com
- Study how our customers navigate through our website and which products they request in site searches
- Deliver personalized marketing from MarineFly.com
We also use pixel tags – tiny graphic images – to tell us what parts of our website you have visited or to measure the effectiveness of any searches you may do on our site. Pixel tags also enable us to send you email in a format you can read and let us know when you have opened an email message from us.
We also contract with third party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. To do this, they will collect anonymous information about your visits to our website and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements. These targeted advertisements may appear on other sites that you visit. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a cookie or pixel tag – industry standard technology used by most major websites. No personally identifiable information is collected in this process.
Like many websites, we use a number of analytics and optimization vendors. These vendors may also set cookies or read preexisting cookies. This information is stored on the vendor's servers and the vendor uses this information to provide us with reports about traffic to our website and your visit to our website (such as the domain from which you access the internet, the web address of the website from which you linked to our site, the time and date of your visit to the web pages that you view and click through). We will use this data to improve our website structure and content.
Our website also uses third-party analytics vendors such as Google Analytics. Please click here for more information about how data is collected and processed in connection with the Google Analytics service: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. We and our third-party vendors or partners use analytics data for a variety of purposes such as to improve the design and content of our websites, to help us learn things like what pages are most attractive to all of our visitors and what promotions visitors like to see, and to gauge the success of our advertising campaigns.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may use your Personal and non-Personal Information for our general commercial purposes, to respond to and fulfill your requests for products and services and to market our products and services that you have agreed to receive or when we have your consent to.
After giving you notice and an opportunity to choose not to share the information. We do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties, except as follows:
- To companies that provide services to us or perform functions on our behalf (such as processing credit card payments or taking orders) and have agreed to use your information only for the purposes we request
- For us to send offers to Marinefly.com customers on behalf of our affiliated companies and on behalf of other non-affiliated partners
- To other selected reputable companies, we may disclose your name and postal address (but not your email address or credit card information) so that they can mail you information that may interest you
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with applicable law, legal process, and/or governmental authorities
- If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, partial or total sale of assets, or other corporate change.
- Send other offers through mail
- Send you our email newsletters and specials offers, and notify you when you have won one of our contests
- Contact you about the status of or to obtain additional information about your order, improve our web site, customer service, and merchandise selections;
- Process your registration on these Sites, including verifying your email address is active and valid
- Perform statistical analysis to learn more about how these Sites are used, we aggregate and analyze the data collected to monitor and analyze use of these Sites, to better tailor site functionality and our content and design to suit our visitors needs
- Syndicate (if we choose) the publicly available content of our community areas to third-party websites using RSS or other technologies. Please use caution when deciding to disclose any Personal Information in public activities or submissions
We may disclose de-identified, aggregated, or other non-personal information to third parties in our discretion. The MareinFly.com Services or our offerings on social media platforms may include commenting, forums, sharing, or other similar features. Information that you provide using these features may be available to other users or the general public.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Database to be only accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be kept on file for more than 60 days.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older.
You must be 18 years of age to be a member of or use these Sites. We will not encourage participation or visitation by children. We do not sell products for purchase by children; however, we do sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18 years of age, please do not submit any information without the express consent and participation of a parent or guardian. We will not knowingly collect Personal Information about any person under 18 years of age. If you believe that we have information from or about anyone under 18 years of age, please notify us by email at: info@MarineFly.com
Links to Third Parties and Social Media
Social media provides tools that many of our customers use and enjoy, and we include links to various social media platforms on our websites. If you interact with these social media tools through our websites, your experience on those social media sites will be governed by the privacy and other policies of those sites. So, the privacy settings you have chosen on those sites will determine the degree to which your information is made public. We encourage you to choose your privacy settings on those sites accordingly.
Our Resources may allow you to connect and share information with various social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest. These features may require us to implement cookies, plug-ins and/or APIs provided by such social media platforms to facilitate the communications and features. We may share information that you provide us or that we may collect about your use of the Tech Resources with these platforms, which information becomes subject to their privacy and data policies. We encourage you to visit the privacy policies of these platforms for further information:
Facebook's Data Policy at https://www.facebook.com/full_data_use_policy
We cannot control any policies or terms of such third party platform. As a result, we cannot be responsible for any use of your information or content by a third party platform, which you use at your own risk.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, in addition to the rights set forth above, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of your personal information with third parties, for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. California law provides that existing customers have the right to submit a request to us once a year at the designated address and receive the following information:
- the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for the third parties direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year
- the names and addresses of third parties that received such information: and
- if the nature of a third party's business cannot be reasonably determined from the third party's name, examples of the products or services marketed.
You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. Our designated email address for such requests is email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Web Site Agreement section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
This policy was last modified March 20, 2017
Your Choices about Communication from MarineFly.com
We offer choices about the types of information you receive from us. If you prefer not to receive updates from MarineFly.com or if you prefer to receive them less frequently, please visit the MY Account section of MarineFly.com or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also unsubscribe from our email updates using the link provided in each edition of the email.
So that we can be sure to identify you correctly, please be sure to provide us your exact name and address, or the mailing label from your package. Because mailings are planned in advance, it may take several weeks for your request to become effective. If due to human error you continue to receive unwanted communications, please contact us again, and we will make every effort to correct the situation.